St Werburgh Church
The lovely Anglican church of St Werburgh is set in an attractive location overlooking the sea, Wembury beach and the Mewstone. One of fourteen churches dedicated to that saint (not all still in use), the present structure dates from around the fourteenth century, although there are grounds to believe that it had predecessors as far back as the ninth century.
Registers of Births and Deaths run unbroken from 1611, and Marriages from 1612.
Priest in Charge Reverend Martin Kirkbride email@example.com tel 01752 862778
St Werburgh Church Flower Festival - World War 1
A successful flower festival was held in the church during July, to honour those who fought in World War 1. Additional information was provided by the Wembury Local History Society.
To view a montage of the pictures collected from this event, please click here.