This is the Official Website of Wembury Parish in the South Hams District of Devon which includes:- Wembury, Knighton, Hollacombe, Down Thomas, Heybrook Bay and Wembury Point.
We hope that you find this website useful and helpful in guiding you round the wonderful Parish of Wembury.
Please refer to "About Wembury Parish" for more sources of information
Wembury Parish Council
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2019
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. Date of announcement: 30th June 2019
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2019, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
(b) Anne Towill 11 Cross Park Road, Wembury, Plymouth, PL9 0EU
commencing on Monday 1July 2019
and ending on Friday 9th August 2019
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
• The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
• The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
5. This announcement is made by Anne Towill, Wembury Parish Clerk
New Parish Council
We welcome the new Parish Council who will be in post till 2023. Most are returning councillors and we currently have one new councillor- Cllr Truscott.
The new Chairman is Cllr Brown and the Vice Chairman is Cllr Drought.
The council are currently seeking three new councillors for the Wembury Ward. Please contact The Clerk if you would like to apply for this voluntary position.
NOTICE OF CONCLUSION OF AUDIT
Annual Governance & Accountability Return
for the year ended 31 March 2018
NOTICE & DETAILS
WEMBURY SCHOOL FAYRE
The Wembury Parish Council stall
The Wembury Neighbourhood Plan Stall