ST WERBURGH CHURCH
FLOWER FESTIVAL - WORLD WAR 1
A successful flower festival was held in the church during July, to honour those who fought in World War 1. Additional information was provided by the Wembury Local History Society.
St Werburgh Parish Church Wembury
Priest in Charge
A new Priest in Charge has recently been appointed.
Rev Martin Lea Kirkbride, is currently Associate Minister and Diocesan Learning Adviser (Discipleship Development) at Coventry Cathedral.
Churchwarden: Carol Steel Tel 01752 862602 - email firstname.lastname@example.org
The lovely Anglican church of St Werburgh is set in an attractive location overlooking the sea, Wembury beach and the Mewstone. One of fourteen churches dedicated to that saint (not all still in use), the present structure dates from around the fourteenth century, although there are grounds to believe that it had predecessors as far back as the ninth century.
Registers of Births and Deaths run unbroken from 1611, and Marriages from 1612.
An excellent illustrated booklet describing the church and its history can be bought at the church
or further details obtained from the website at http://www.wemburychurch.co.uk/